[pmwiki-users] Table question / issue

George gdb at soundchasers.com
Wed Sep 6 18:09:49 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I'm using the new actions based table markup, and trying to figure
something out...

I have three tables in a document, along the following lines:

(:table border=1 width=100% align=left bgcolor=#cccccc cellspacing=0 :)
(:tableend:)

(:table border=1 width=60% align=left bgcolor=#dddddd cellspacing=0:)
(:tableend:)

(:table border=1 width=40% align=right bgcolor=#eeeeee cellspacing=0:)
(:tableend:)

Everything is working as I hoped it would.  The top table is taking 100
percent of the page width, the next two are aligning left and right at
their assigned widths.

However, here's the problem: the left table is longer than the right
table.  Therefore, any text I add after the tables is inserted under the
right table, and wraps until it clears the left table.  If I recall,
this behavior is correct.  What I can't recall is how to get text to
left align under the left table, instead of filling in the space under
the right table.

I thought that it would be possible to nest the left and right tables in
their own table, but that doesn't appear to work.

If you want to see an example of what I am working with, here's a link
to the page I've started on:
http://www.soundchasers.com/RecordShelf/SplitEnzTrueColorsDraft

Any help / suggestions / ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

// George