[pmwiki-users] read access password question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 13:59:55 CDT 2006

Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 7:33:58 PM, Patrick wrote:

> Are you using authorization groups and/or authuser?  If so, it's
> as easy as:

>     (:pagelist fmt=#group group=Editions*:)

> which will display a list of all groups for which the person has
> read permission set (assuming $EnablePageListProtect is 1, the default).

So far I was not using authuser or userauth, just plain passwords via
?action=attr
What are authorisation groups? Sorry my ignorance about passwords etc.

I was imagining that there will be groups like edition1,
edition2, edition3 etc with passwords Aedition1, Bedition2, Cedition3
etc. and subscribers get mailed the password for the edition(s) they
subscribe to. How does this relate to user groups?

Hans