[pmwiki-users] Converting PmWiki pages to static html

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Tue Sep 5 10:04:32 CDT 2006

At work we used (an internal) PmWiki to draft a large document (a separate
group, with a wikitrail and many pages).  At this point it looks like we are
unlikely to get get permission to use PmWiki outside of our firewall due to
concerns about being able to protect and secure a scripted program.

Is there a recipe for converting PmWiki page to static html?  (We are not
looking at pdf, at least not now).

If not, any suggestions for how to go about this?  Since PmWiki is already
generating html, which we can control through skins and markup, I assume that
the main issues will be to:

-Convert links from absolute to relavtive addresses
-Save rendered pages to html files

While that could be done manually, and we could write some batch process to
automate much of the work, I assume that it could be done (better) by
customizing PmWiki to generate relative addresses and save generated pages.

Any solutions, suggestions, or comments?

Pico