[pmwiki-users] Question regarding the way a page is processed

Menachem Shapiro menachem.shapiro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 17:33:32 CDT 2006

B"H
Hello

I am running pmwiki-2.0.13.

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageFileFormat describes a wiki page
format, but does not describe how the page is parsed and displayed.

Does it work by first processing the original information saved to the
page, and then go through every revision until the page is displayed?

If this is the case, it would explain why some of my wiki's pages take
a long timeto load.

If it is the way it works, could there be better ways of doing the
text parsing. Some kind of situation where the latest version of the
text is always stored together and previous revisions are stored
separately and only accessed when looking at the page revisions? This
may make saving the page take longer though, I'm not sure.

Is my assumption of how the page is processed correct?

Thank you,
Menachem