[pmwiki-users] defining Usergroups in config.php or farmconfig.php

Vince Administration vadmin at math.uconn.edu
Mon Sep 4 17:16:27 CDT 2006

On Sep 4, 2006, at 4:20 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 08:34:15PM +0200, pmwiki Besenreuther wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> can anyone help me and give me a hint how I can define
>> usergroups within config.php or farmconfig.php?
>
> If you're asking about defining authorization groups
> (like AuthUser defines), then there's not currently a way to
> do it from config.php.
>
> However, I'm interested in adding one -- what would you want
> it to look like?  In other words, what sort of thing would you
> expect to be able to put in config.php or farmconfig.php to
> make this work?
>
> Pm
What I would like to see is the following.  All our users must  log
in (Apache and SSL) before
getting to the Wiki.  So php knows the username and unix
authorization groups. I would
like to be able to use this information to allow or prohibit access
to certain Wiki Groups.
For example members of the "earls"  group would have access to the
Earls.* web pages,
but others would have NO access. Similarly members of the Earls group
would not have
access to the Peon.* web pages. These groups are really to large, and
changing to
list the members individually.
I am new to PmWiki (and Wiki's in general) so maybe I can do that
now, but I don't know how.

     Vince