[pmwiki-users] PresenceAwarenessLight on AuthUser

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Sep 2 11:27:17 CDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 11:15:47AM +0200, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> I recently enjoyed giving writely.com a try, and much liked the
> "[somebody] is also editing this document" feature
> [http://www.writely.com/screenshots/screenshot_big.gif].
>
> Pmwiki also has a nice recipe for this (even nicer than writely's),
> PresenceAwarenessLight, but alas it does not work with AuthUser, which
> is the standard authentication system here.
>
> Last winter Pm wrote about porting it, but I understand he is already
> too busy to eat lunch.
>
> Is there anybody willing/able to port PresenceAwarenessLight to
> AuthUser, somehow?

I'm willing to do it, if someone will just tell me what
we really want it to do (as opposed to me having to go
through and get the recipe working and/or try and figure it
out from the current AJAX-based code).

I don't want to know the technical details of how it works;
I just want to know things like "when Alice does X, then
Y happens" and "Bob sees Z on his display".