[pmwiki-users] links broken & relative nightmares

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Oct 27 18:54:31 CDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 11:51:24PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:29:54 PM, Hans wrote:
>
> >> sorry, my mistake. it is extendvars.php.
> >> And I may have not got the latest.
> >> checking now.
>
> > update to the latest fixed this problem.
>
> Well after this debacle I vote for an easy to use version checking
> mechanism for installed recipes, but it needs to be easy for a
> thickbrained person like me.

This came up just three days ago -- I noted in
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/34702
that it would be good for recipe authors to start adding lines like

    $RecipeInfo['RecipeName]['Version'] = '20061025';

to recipes, so that we have a standard mechanism for recipe
checking.  Then I'll implement a module that a site can use
to check installed recipes against the latest versions on
pmwiki.org.