[pmwiki-users] Hiding pages and groups for not loged in visitors

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 25 10:50:24 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 02:35:14PM +0200, Bart wrote:

> Normal behavior of Pmwiki is to present a login page if a page is password
> protected for reading. I like to turn this behavior off for not logged
> in visitors and instead display a "page not found", so I don't give away
> password protected pages are present.

Note that the login page is itself a wiki page (Site.AuthForm) that
can be customized.  Thus, perhaps one could set Site.AuthForm to
have something like:

    (:if group PmWiki,Site,PrivateNotes:)
    (:include Site.PageNotFound:)

    (:if ! group PmWiki,Site,PrivateNotes:)
    ... rest of auth form here ...

I think this could also be handled quite simply in per-group
customization files by using:

    <?php
      if (!$AuthId) $pagename = 'Site.NoSuchPage';