[pmwiki-users] Proposal: version control for cookbooks recipes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 24 21:06:25 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 09:32:07PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> If I can SVN with a pure drag n drop interface, I would definitely
> consider it.  If you want me to try managing the actual SVN
> repository "tags" "branches" and "trunk" I'm going to turn into a
> kicking & screaming 5 year old.  No, really!

For the cookbook recipe I would recommend that we not use the
tags/branches/trunk layout, or at least not for the typical
usage.  I would lay it out as simply as:

    svn://svn.server.org/cookbook/recipe.php

or for complex recipes with multiple scripts/files:

    svn://svn.server.org/cookbook/recipe/recipe.php

If people want to set up an svn directory to hold older versions
of recipes (e.g., tags/) then that would be okay, but I wouldn't
expect that to be the normal usage case for this.