[pmwiki-users] Proposal: version control for cookbooks recipes

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 17:26:45 CDT 2006

On 10/25/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> I've been formulating a scheme whereby one could use pmwiki.org's
> Site.Analyzer tool (or something like it) to quickly determine
> which recipes on a site are out of date.

We'll need then to declare our recipes into a centralized information
repository such as below, no?

  $RecipeInfo['MyRecipeName'] = array(
  'version' => '20061025',
  #...
  );

So, could you provide us some specifications there, aka the recipe to
write recipes [1].

> Still, there's already a SourceForge project for PmWiki on sourceforge,
> and of course I have a separate svn repository for the PmWiki code
> itself.  If there are any recipe authors that would like to be maintaining
> recipes through subversion instead of the Attach: feature, I think
> we may be able to set something up for that.

That could be really nice to have a mod_svn gateway on your svn
repository:  I would love to use svn:myrecipe.php instead of
Attach:myrecipe.php (also helpful for those stuck behind http
proxies).

Dom

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ModuleGuidelines