[pmwiki-users] ZAP snippets - TIME - some test results

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Oct 24 05:07:27 CDT 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 5:04 AM, The Editor wrote:

> On 10/24/06, OBUTEX / Hladůvka <admin at obutex.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am not php coder, so sorry to  annoy you with my questions
>> - how can I get an other time format like dd.mm.yyyy, mm, yyyymmdd
>> - i18n day or month name
>> - 24hrs time transformed to browser local time ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jiri

The only way I know to do "browser local time" is to have users who
log in store data on the system that is their time zone (EST or -5
for me in New York), then to figure out what time your server is on,
or start with UTC (essentially GMT without daylight savings time),
and perform a calculation.

In other words, while possible, there's no automated way to figure
out what "browser local time" is to do everything behind the user's
back.  You need them to tell you what their time is first.

Beyond that, a custom function on the PmWiki side could calculate the
browser local time.

Crisses