[pmwiki-users] Blocklist-based "redirecting"

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Mon Oct 23 16:09:22 CDT 2006

> It's not the display of the form that needs to be blocked,
> but rather what is done with the form data when Jane hits the
> submit button.  Even if the form isn't displayed to Jane, she
> can always forge a form locally and use that to send data
> to the target server.

In other words: is it better I start thinking about a captcha, in
order to (try and) prevent Jane Spammer to abuse of my forms by
"hitting" the submit button?
You mean that, don't you?
There is really no milder way?

> Where are the results of the form going?  Are they going back
> to PmWiki (e.g., a recipe), or are they going to another script
> altogther?
> If it's another script, then _that's_ where the blocking needs
> to be happening.  If the results of the form are going back to
> PmWiki, then yes, it would be possible for local/config.php
> or the recipe to make use of PmWiki's built-in blocking features.

Mostly, they go to a mailer script that sends (me) emails.
So I can't plug the two tools together...
:-(

Luigi