[pmwiki-users] Blocklist-based "redirecting"

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Mon Oct 23 15:48:22 CDT 2006

> Pm:
> What prevents Jane from bypassing the "contact" link and going
> directly to the FullContactPage ?

Right :-(
Well, mine was a quick example, actually.
Maybe the FullContactPage itself could be really blocked, so *no*
access in case you come from a blocklisted IP.
Or, as a second (quick) example, one could serve the same
FullContactPage to everybody, but enforce a captcha test just to those
having a blocklisted IP.

On the whole, I'm trying to figure out how to use the existing pmwiki
tools to filter out spammers from my forms. This is also because
recurring captchas degrade the legitimate user's web experience.

> Crisses:
> Another problem is the Google Cache, or wayback machine, etc.  If the web
> crawling robot spider isn't on the blockIP list, then the spider will cache
> the page.

Again, right :-(

Luigi