[pmwiki-users] More cool ZAP snippets up...

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 23 14:53:56 CDT 2006

On Oct 23, 2006, at 2:16 PM, The Editor wrote:

> I plan on putting some more advanced features up a bit later when I
> have some time, such as instant messaging, chat/shoutbox, intrasite
> mail, email lists, classfieds, member blogs, etc.  But I want to get
> my own site more zapified first!

Thanks for all the work.

I don't necessarily understand everything that you're doing, since
they're usually snippets devoid of real-life applications, but if I
go with ZAP in an upcoming project, you'll probably get sick of me
asking you for ideas on how to create forms.  And yes, it will
probably be a great test of actual applications for it.

I will probably be taking on a classified ads site with a myriad
number of features -- including paid subscriptions (probably PayPal's
subscription feature) that have to be integrated into the login
system (I will refine AuthUserDBase for this), pages &/or ad listings
that expire, web guests not being able to see things (that's easy in
PmWiki), and a distance-from-zipcode recipe (sorry to non-US
people!!  that won't work for you).

I've looked at other classified ad applications, and plug-ins for
large CMS applications, but I don't feel like doing a whole lot of
custom programming for other packages when I can do custom work just
fine under PmWiki, and probably take less time.

And that probably makes PmWiki enter the "hey, this really is a CMS,
I guess" territory -- though I guess other people may have gone
there.  I'd have to say that with similepedia I've definitely crossed
the line from wiki-as-a-light-cms to wiki-IS-a-light-cms.

Crisses