[pmwiki-users] Skin not found in farm

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 23 10:02:27 CDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 08:02:14PM -0400, Pico wrote:
> I installed a PmWiki farm on a new server and have separated the pub
> from the rest of the PmWiki files, where pub is web accessible but the
> rest of the files are in a directory that is not web accessible.
>
> Everything works fine until I try to change the skin, and then I get the
> following message:
>
> PmWiki can't process your request
> ?unable to find skin from list triad
> We are sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> I'll provide all the details if required, but first off, is there a
> common cause for this error?

By default, PmWiki looks in pub/skins/triad in both the current
(field) directory and in the farm directory.

If the pub/ directory is somewhere other than these two locations,
then the $SkinLibDirs array needs to be adjusted to tell PmWiki
where to look for skins (and the corresponding url to use for each).

Personally, I find that it's easier to leave the pub/ directory
in the farm and then create a symlink or webserver alias to
make that directory accessible over the web.  But either approach
will work.