[pmwiki-users] Pagelist and filtering recent changes

Mike Bishop mbishop at mtaonline.net
Fri Oct 20 20:48:11 CDT 2006

       I have a small cms-like site (www.waco-ak.org) where the
       homepage should display a list of the last five recent
       changes.  Clearly, certain changes should not be shown, and
       that's where the problems start.

         1.  The trail= option seems to be (by observation) fairly
             exclusive.  That is, you cannot use it with a custom
             list= option where filtering might take place.

         2.  I tried adding a filter within a custom fmt= option;
             that is, testing for groups I did not want included.
             I couldn't get that to work (doesn't mean it will not,
             just that I lacked the skill).  The fmt I use is a
             slightly altered version of #forum.

         3.  I tried using group=-Site, -Test, -Util then an
             order=-time;  results here were strange (2.1.18 &
             beta15) with some results showing the current machine
             time.  If this /should/ have worked I need to start
             disabling recipes ...

       So I am still using trail=Site.AllRecentChanges with a list
       of groups to exclude as simple strings " -Calendar -Test
       -Site ..."  This works after a fashion, but risks excluding
       pages on occasion (why would any page on a web site have
       "site" in it?). ( -Site.?* doesn't do what I expect either.)

       So, either I am missing something or I cannot do exactly
       what I want (or this is the time I have to learn another
       scripting language).

       All ideas appreciated.

Rgds,
Mike Bishop        907/495-5737                 mbishop at mtaonline.net