[pmwiki-users] RFP? Page Ranking / Favorites / Most popular

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 18 16:40:40 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 02:33:51PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
>    Anyone here have any good ideas for how to go about a page-ranking recipe
>    in PmWiki?

I'm still in favor of having a "Rating: 5" markup, as discussed in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/32848/focus=32927 .
Then each author simply adds a "Rating:" markup to a page (or has a form
that does it for them), and can also add text explaining the reason
for their particular rating.

>    I'm just wondering how to best handle it.
>    Every time the page updates it calculates an "average rank" page
>    variable?

I had been thinking that the average rank would be calculated
calculating the average upon page update and storing the result
as a page attribute might be much better.  (I think I would
recommend storing it as an attribute instead of trying to
modify the page's text and using a page text variable.)