[pmwiki-users] Rethinking passwords and authorization

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Oct 18 08:55:22 CDT 2006

Haven't been following this along closely, but now that I've scanned
the thread, I'll throw in my two cents and agree with Ryan here.  In
my opinion, Neil's idea is the best (even though he doesn't like my
barn idea).  It makes the group attributes page more clear.  And
admins prefering to set stuff through a config page, or in
Site.AuthUser can learn the prefixes easily enough.

How to do this so it won't break existing sites might be a problem,
unless a script were written to update pages...  As for the floon
idea, can't imagine how it could be used, but I what I love most about
PmWiki is it's flexibility, so if it can be done, let's make it
available.  Finally, another encouragement to keep this kind of stuff
on the page, as one day we may just have hierarchical groups!

Cheers,
Caveman