[pmwiki-users] Litespeed

Craige Leeder craige at internetadvisor.ca
Tue Oct 17 15:09:00 CDT 2006

The Editor wrote:

>Does anyone know anything about the new Litespeed Server.  It looks
>like it might work well as a standalone server with PmWiki, because
>PHP is preinstalled.  And it makes pretty good claims about itself.
>Just wondering if anyone had experience in this.
>
>http://www.litespeedtech.com/
>
>Cheers,
>Caveman

I've never heard about it before this, but I think I may give it a try.
I see what it's trying to acheive with having PHP pre-installed, but it
really does have it's downsides. You loose all the flexibility that you
have normally have when compiling PHP yourself. I guess it's a trade
off, but not that great of one for most servers.

Thanks for the link though. I'll try it as a local host and see how it
does.