[pmwiki-users] Pagelists, adjunct data pages & variable sort orders

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 17 14:21:07 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 07:03:19PM +0000, Pico wrote:
> > > I really should stop here to avoid overload, but I'll just note that
> > > opening up page variables to direct editing and parsing for page
> > > text variables ...
> >
> > PmWiki _already_ has a facility for directly editing page attributes
> > -- it's called ?action=attr.  It's just that nobody's really using
> > it yet for anything other than passwords.
>
> How would we use it for other attributes?  When I invoke the attr action
> I only see the password fields.  Is there a attribute edit form that we
> would have to modify?

One has to enable the attribute for the form:

    $PageAttributeFmt['description'] = '$[Enter description: ]';

adds a field to ?action=attr where someone can set/change the page's
description attribute.

> > > can have broader application in addressing issues
> > > that arise when we start spinning off pages into separate related
> > > pages with a common basename (SlicedBread and SlicedBread-Talk)
> > > and could have implications for how we approach comments.
> >
> > I don't quite follow the broader application here, at least not
> > as I've been envisioning things.
> >

> Ok, well I guess the basename idea may have started with draft.php
> before being exapnded more recently to take into account the practices
> of PageName-Talk and perhaps Data-Group.PageName.  [...]

Just a note that it'll be a day or so before I can really
study the rest of your excellent post in detail.  Thanks!