[pmwiki-users] most user-friendly method of database configuration

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 16 16:46:17 CDT 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Ben Stallings wrote:

> But this is complicated by the Microsoft databases, which require
> both a database type and a driver to be specified!

In this case, I would say use "driver" and reserve "type" for M$
databases then.  1) less confusing for us app writers -- everything
neatly matches the ADOdb specs 2) it can be documented and consistent
-- thus easier -- for the admins.  If we say "only use Type if you're
dealing with Microsoft databases" then it's documented and consistent.

> Marc, you said you've used ADODB in recipes before... do you have a
> good generalized connection routine that the rest of us could copy
> shamelessly?  --Ben S.

Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Crisses