[pmwiki-users] Error on Snippets.Lists

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Oct 16 15:58:43 CDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> > > For some reason there appears to be an option value being passed
> > > to the pagelist functions that contains an array instead of a
> > > normal string.
> > >
> > Actually, pagelist is called in the sidebar... Hmmm.  When the sidebar
> > pagelist is disabled, the form seems to submit properly...
>
> Aha!  It's the same bug yet again.  (:pagelist:) accepts arguments
> coming from $_REQUEST (i.e., a form or a url), and so if any of
> those parameters are arrays then the pagelist options receive an
> array, and it gets the error when it tries to set the {$$option}
> page variables in pagelist templates.
>
> I'll fix this momentarily, in two ways.  First, (:pagelist:)
> will have a "request=0" option that says "don't merge values
> from a form or url".
>
> Second, the {$$option} variables will become smart enough to
> deal with arrays.

I'm wondering if this will also solve the problem of when you have a
pagelist and a searchbox on the same page.  I remember having problems
with that in the past, and just stopped doing it.  But having
pagelists in sidebars is useful...

> I'm wondering if the "request=0" option should be the default
> for (:pagelist:).  I don't know how many people are relying on
> the fact that (:pagelist:) accepts values from a form or url.
> But it seems that people are surprised when it does, so perhaps
> the default should be that it doesn't and a special request=1
> option is required to have it fold in the request options.

How does one tap into the variables passed to it?  Never heard of any
recipes using input like that, but it could be interesting...

> > It is strange that it works at home and not at my server.  Could it be
> > a php setting that is glitching here, but not at home?
>
> PHP 5 is a lot more strict about array handling than PHP 4, so it
> could be a version or setting difference.

My server (where the problem is) is php4.4.4.  My home machine where
it works it 4.4.2.  Both are using pmwiki-2.2.0-beta12.  Thanks much
for fixing this!

Cheers,
Caveman