[pmwiki-users] Conditional fails when encountering !! Header

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Oct 14 11:07:23 CDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 07:21:03PM -0700, Brent Zupp wrote:
> I'm trying to keep some text private using (:if auth admin:)
> conditional. I just noticed that when I have a header markup (!!)
> between the conditional, it fails. If I remove the header markup (!!),
> it works.
>
> <<Start Example of failing markup:>>
>
> Public text Public text Public text Public text Public text Public
> text Public text Public text Public text
>
> (:if auth admin:)
>
> !!Header
>
> Private text Private text Private text Private text Private text
> Private text Private text Private text Private text Private text
>
> (:ifend:)
>

> <<End Example of failing markup:>>
>
> The above markup should hide the "private text" for anyone except
> "admin", but it doesn't work. All private and public text is viewable
> to public.
>
> I believe this is a bug, so I entered this in PITS:
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00814
>
> Any thoughts?

It works properly on pmwiki.org -- see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/AuthHeader .

I suspect a recipe is interfering -- since it seems to be
related to the heading markup, I suspect either a table of
contents recipe or a section edit recipe (but those are
just wild guesses).

Try turning off recipes and enabling them individually
to see if that resolves the issue.