[pmwiki-users] RSS & password-protected pages

Mike mike at widowitz.com
Fri Oct 13 03:11:26 CDT 2006

Hello!

Jon Haupt wrote on 12.10.2006 21:05:
> On 10/12/06, Mike <mike at widowitz.com> wrote:
>> Anyone with a suggestion?
>> Or a definite "this can't work because $reason1 $reason2 $reason3"?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> Mike wrote on 10.10.2006 18:59:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > is it possible to set up an RSS feed for a read-password-protected
>> group -
>> > with the RSS feed of course being just as protected as the group in
>> itself?
> This was discussed a couple of weeks ago.  Pm's response can be found here:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/33299

Thanks for the pointer. However, I'm still stuck:
> It is possible to put a password into the RSS feed url, however.
> Try placing the following in config.php:
>
>     if ( <at> $_GET['authpw']) $_POST['authpw'] = $_GET['authpw'];
>
> Then the rss feed can be accessed using
>
>     http://www.example.com/pmwiki?action=rss&authpw=password

I'm not getting this to work. First, I removed the "<at>" stuff which I
don't understand anyway, hope this didn't destroy anything. Second, I am
using Auth User, which probably will make things more complicated.
Finally, I am actually receiving RSS pages in my RSS reader - but they
all show only the password prompt. In my impression, it is not
sufficient to provide a password to the rss page - actually the
&authpw=xxx stuff should be applied to all the *content pages* which are
supposed to be transmitted via the RSS feed!

Could anybody help me further with this?

Thanks,
Mike