[pmwiki-users] config file and getting started

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Oct 12 21:41:37 CDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Henrik <henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hi Trish,
>
> Check out http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation and
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks
>
> The main documentation page is at
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DocumentationIndex
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> - Henrik
>
> Trish Harris wrote:
> > Hi --
> >
> > We are hoping to implement pmwiki.  I've unpacked our
> > tar file and set directory permissions.  We can't get
> > the config file settings (everything from page title
> > to admin passwords) to "catch," and we still cannot do
> > anything to/with our wiki.
> >
> > I feel as though we've missed steps 6-42 somewhere --
> > we are using the help/install guide we found at
> > sourceforge.  Sould we look elsewhere for basic
> > install help? We just want to get the wiki loaded and
> > running.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.  :)
> >
> > Trish

Just a note too, Trish, though I'm not sure where your glitch is, that
if you can get past it, you will love PmWiki.  I was dumbfounded when
with no php experience it just started right up in minutes for me.
Has been working great ever since, and I've done about everything
possible to mess it up along the way. Like a rolex.

If you give us your error messages or describe what is/is not
happening we might be able to help you troubleshoot.  The community
here is very good, and helpful.  Welcome to PmWiki.

Cheers,
Caveman