[pmwiki-users] Fwd: ZIP Engine

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Oct 10 05:36:51 CDT 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 5:39 AM, The Editor wrote:

> On 10/9/06, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
>>
>>  At 2006-10-09  09:21 PM -0400, The Editor is rumored to have said:
>>
>> I've just uploaded the code to the new Zip Engine (formerly FAST
>> Data)
>>  at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ZipEngine where it
>> is displayed
>>  in the page.
>>  You may want to rethink the name of this beast (again) because
>> when I saw
>> the subject of the post I immediately thought, "Oh neat, someone
>> has coded a
>> recipe that can zip uploaded files. I wonder how the naming works?"
>
> Thanks Neil.  Others have noted this, but I haven't been able to think
> of a better, equally catchy name.  Will try some more. Of course now
> that I got most all the variables renamed to ZIP (Including ZIPlock)
> I'm a bit hesitant to switch everything over to something new.
>
> How about Caveman's Engine?

Now you have me picturing the old carnival-style salesman and naming
it "Caveman's Miracle Engine" or CME ;)

As for changing the names --  search & replace is your friend.

Turn on case sensitivity, replace all ZIP with CME  (or whatever it
ends up being).

Then search on all lowercase zip and just make sure you're not
changing something you didn't want to ;)

What editor are you using?  You honestly shouldn't have to change
function names by hand.

Crisses