[pmwiki-users] Google ping service

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Mon Oct 9 14:28:44 CDT 2006

On 10/10/06, Pico <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
> Oh, and the ISO is the one that starts with the year as four digits:
> 2006-10-09

Oh, I have enjoyed this thread!  Good on PM for sticking with the only
date format that makes sense in a programming environment (markup is a
type of programming when you start introducing things like
conditionals).

I just have to comment, though, about "not confusing the Americans".
ISO does that by being sensible, logical.  No nation has been silly
enough to try yyyy-dd-mm so everyone pretty much knows what they're
looking at (at least in as far as the Gregorian Calendar is
concerned!)  Let's not confuse this with the *rest of the world*
accommodating one country and its protectorates and such.

Don't get me wrong.  The good old US of A has given us plenty to be
thankful for, but mm-dd-yyyy is not one of them.  :-)

--
Allister