[pmwiki-users] Multiple wikis without farm

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Oct 9 07:00:37 CDT 2006

At 2006-10-09  01:31 PM +0200, Marco Ferretti is rumored to have said:
>Hi all people !
>
>I know this is a little OT but :
>provided I have an apache installation on a linux box, is it possible
>to create two or more pmwiki diretory ( installations ) using virtual
>hosts ?

Yes. Just do two completely separate installs.

>The problem I am facing here is that I wouldn't like to set up a wiki
>farm, yet I would like to have multiple  wikis beeing served by the
>same machine .

I started off with several separate wikis on different virtual hosts,
but I later switched to a farm setup because it was a pain updating 5
different installs. From the user's point of view there is no way to
tell if you have multiple installs or a farm.

About the only thing you can't do on a farm that you can do with
separate installs is run different versions of PmWiki.

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/