[pmwiki-users] Request input on soon-coming FAST Data release

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 9 03:22:55 CDT 2006

On Oct 5, 2006, at 11:46 AM, The Editor wrote:

> Actually I've added several security options that allow for
> restricting uses to passwords, or to id's.  Or to ban and approve
> lists.  And should be able to set attributes on pages/group config
> files. Also optional protection to prevent directives from being
> entered into forms.  There will be a whole section on security in the
> next round of docs outlining the various security features available
> in 3.0.

Oops, I've been catching up on the thread.

How much of this is going to be a burden to the admin during setup?
I'm not particularly interested in cut & paste code -- I'm VERY
interested in coming up with new recipes, using it to customize data..

One nice thing about the way similepedia.com is using FASTData is
that it's NOT being used to retrieve data from pages.  Only to create
the data pages.  I have one form that uses it.  I can easily restrict
editing on the form page, and have PmWiki ONLY load FASTData when

Crisses