[pmwiki-users] OpenID bounty

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 5 11:46:59 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 09:20:55AM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> Maybe PmWiki should attempt to get this bounty?  Are
> there enough pmwiki users/downloads?
> http://iwantmyopenid.org/bounty

I don't know how to estimate the number of users.

A quick, naive scan of my server logs shows 7311 downloads
for September 2006.

I'm not sure what sort of code would have to be included with
PmWiki to make this work, or what the licensing terms would be.
I'll have to check.

A couple of months ago someone sent me an OpenID plugin
for PmWiki, but I really hadn't had a chance to look at it yet.

Still, this might be a good opportunity to revamp AuthUser a bit,
to have better built-in support for OpenID, LDAP/AD, and
database-based authentication sources.  But I have so much
on my plate already... :-|