[pmwiki-users] RFC -- POP3 to PmWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 5 11:30:38 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 06:09:10AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
>      Having the gateway would make it easy for people (especially me)
>      to just say "throw this content up there -- someone can come back
>      and reformat it later".
>
>    Say I send an announcement to one of my mailing lists -- Big Event
>    Coming!!  Mark your calendar!
>    And I want an announcement page on the wiki.  I could BCC my wiki.
>    I don't want to require the start/end tags.  That would have to be
>    optional.

I agree, there should be an easy way to use an untagged body,
at least as an option.

>    Patrick:
>    You can write your end of the wiki app in Perl6, what does that have to do
>    with how the RECEIVING wiki processes the email.
>    [...]
>    How were you thinking the wiki on the receiving end should behave?  How
>    would your HTTP/POST request authenticate and deliver info to
>    the receiving wiki without an API of sorts on the other end?

I was thinking of using the existing API -- i.e.,
?action=source and ?action=edit, or the upcoming ?action=insert.
I haven't seen a case where we'd need much in the way of additional
code on the receiving wiki -- am I forgetting something?  Or, put
another way, what pieces do the existing actions not provide?