[pmwiki-users] FYI: htpasswd/htgroup and spaces in user/group ids

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Oct 5 10:17:58 CDT 2006

At 2006-10-05  10:04 AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>At any rate, this makes me feel much better about making
>AuthUser handle spaces in usernames and group names (which I
>really want for LDAP/AD authentication), so I'll do that as
>part of the 2.2 beta.

Patrick

I have always avoided spaces in usernames because one of the servers
I ran (can't remember which) when testing could not handle them.

However, I just tested my Windoze Apache 2 setup with the name "Fred
Smith" and it works just fine.

The .htpasswd file looks like:
AnotherName:password
Fred Smith:passwordforhim