[pmwiki-users] RequireAuthor and SectionEdit

CCharles ccharles at conalcharles.com
Wed Oct 4 17:53:51 CDT 2006

I am facing a strange problem. I have enabled both SectionEdit and
RequireAuthor on a school wiki. However, now I find that if an unsuspecting
contributor fails to put his/her name in the Author box, it rightly refuses to
save and the message appears at the top saying that an author name is required.

However if I am editing only a Section using SectionEdit, if I try and save,
the entire page gets loaded in the edit box so when I do enter the author name
and hit save, a copy of the page gets inserted at the point where the section
was.

Most annoying !

CCharles