[pmwiki-users] RFC -- POP3 to PmWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 4 16:35:21 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 03:27:28PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> On Oct 4, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> >Oh, the standard blocklist filters should still apply to
> >whatever is being posted, same as any other contributed
> >content.  I wasn't thinking of wikispammers in particular, I
> >was thinking about the case where generic mail spam was being
> >sent to the gateway address.
> Hrm.  I'm wondering about the IP blocking and how accurate that will
> be via email.  *sigh*

True, I wouldn't expect IP blocking to be at all effective for
this.  *sigh*  But this is where we'd hope that an email spam
filter could provide additional defense to unwanted postings.

> So, what I'm saying is that essentially we could be doing at least
> part of this in parallel --> the part that processes the email at the
> receiving end can be exactly the same for both methods.

.... except I was thinking I'd want to write mine in Perl instead
of PHP.  :-(   I'm not entirely sure how to do POST requests
from PHP, although I'm sure there must be a way to do it.
Maybe I need to look at the PHP libraries again, but I
didn't like the ones I saw last time I looked (a long time ago).