[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.2-beta12 - UpdatePage() released

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Wed Oct 4 11:55:09 CDT 2006

Ben Wilson <dausha <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/4/06, IchBin <weconsul <at> ptd.net> wrote:
> > Sorry but where will this be documented once 2.2 goes live. Also will
> > there be an index, for the release of 2.2, of all the changes and details?
> >
> > Just new here and do not know these things for a new release.
>
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes This helped me get a grip
> on page text variables. Although not exactly documentation, it does
> show all changes thus far.
>
> But, I agree---documentation should reflect the current state of 2.2.

Pm has been creating some documentation as he goes along (see
PmWiki/Blocklist). Given all that Pm is doing right now, between
planning, coding, keeping up with the list, not to mention any of the
other things that Earthlings seem to be doing, it makes sense for the
rest of us to chip in where, and when, we can. You don't need to worry
about everything: start with something that you are particularly interested
in and that you have tried to keep up with on the post and see what you
can do to incorporate it into the documentation.

Feeling overwhelmed by all the new things that are being introduced, I
decided to focus narrowly on changes related to the new page text variables
and I went ahead and started a new page called PmWiki/PageTextVariables
where I have started to collect some links to places where
PageTextVariables have been explained.

If you feel inspired, you are welcome to continue where I left off and
start to incorporate Pm's posts into that page, with any additions,
deletions, and editing that you see fit.  And others will be welcome
to edit your edits.  And, in the end, Pm will take a look at it and
decide whether that page should become part of the distributed
documentations.  (And, at some point in the process, you, or Pm, or
any number of us, may have decided, as I suggest at the start of that
page, that the documentation really belongs on a different page, and
that it should be incorporated with other pre-existing documentation).

The point is simply that things will get done, eventually, one way or
the other. But they may get done sooner, and better, if we each feel
welcome, and comfortable, in taking a stab at doing some of it ourselves.

Pico