[pmwiki-users] Page data storage, was: Selecting a Wiki engine...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Oct 4 08:02:48 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 09:41:26AM +0200, Oliver Betz wrote:
> pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> If you keep many revisions with only small changes, I guess that the
> DokuWiki system needs much more space.
>
> I don't know how much CPU time PmWiki needs to process the diffs in
> this case (many small changes) to get edit/display data.

For simply pulling up an edit form or displaying a page, PmWiki
doesn't require any (extra) CPU time to get the data.  The page
files always store the latest version of the text, so it's available
"immediately".

PmWiki only needs to process the diffs when viewing the page history
or when restoring a previous version of the page.

A few more details are available at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageFileFormat .

Hope this helps,