[pmwiki-users] protecting emails using a graphic - cookbook or core?

Rodney Blackwell rodneyb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 22:52:45 CDT 2006

With spambot scrapers doing everything they can to harvest email
addresses from sites, maybe it would be worth it to add into the core
some type of functionality that could protect email addresses.

I just this on a mediawiki powered wiki:
http://www.aboutus.org/How_can_I_protect_an_e-mail_address%3F

And I've also seen something similar done as a vbulletin plugin/addon.

When a specific tag is added to an email address, it converts the
email address into a graphic (with vbulletin, the admin has the option
to "graphic-ize" all email addresses posted).

If not a core addition, it sure would make a tasty cookbook recipe ;)

Any thoughts?

--
Rodney