[pmwiki-users] Idea for section edit (Was: Selecting a Wiki engine...)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 16:58:03 CDT 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I'm still looking at section-based editing; but we do already have the
> SectionEdit recipe.  (I don't know how well that recipe plays with
> 2.2.x, but it does exist.)

Here's a thought for section-based editing. I am not sure that I'd like to
have '[edit]'-links scattered at the different headings in a document. So
what if an option to (:toc:) made it so that the TOC got edit links for
each line? A TOC could look like this:

	1. This is the first section                 [edit]
	1.1 This is the firs sub-section             [edit]
	2. This is section two                       [edit]
	2.1 This is a subsetcion in section 2        [edit]

Yet another alternative could be to have a drop-down list next to the edit
button which allows you to select which section to edit? Hmm... I kind of
like this last alternative.

It is not clear however if editing say section 1., automatically means you
edit that section and its subsections as well, or just section 1 up to the
first subsection.

/Christian