[pmwiki-users] pagelist question: more info in $matches?

Ben Stallings Ben at InterdependentWeb.com
Tue Oct 3 16:26:47 CDT 2006

Hello again.  I'm making some progress with my recipe to bring ADOdb
queries into PmWiki... you can see the generic "Pager" that comes with
ADOdb working at
http://www.workscited.net/ben/WorksCited/AllArticlesInTheDatabase .

Unfortunately it doesn't lend itself to customization, since the
(invalid!) HTML is hard-coded into the program.  :-P  So I've been
studying the newest (2.2.0beta9) pagelist.php to try to figure out how I
can best harness the existing functions to use standard pagelist
templates.

Near as I can figure, the FmtPageList() function reads the template and
applies it to a list of page names generated by MakePageList().
Unfortunately, although MakePageList can now filter by custom page
variables (hooray!) and FPLTemplate looks like it can display custom
page variables (hooray!), the values of those custom variables are not
actually passed from the one function to the other, and so I'm at a loss
to figure out how to display them.

So I have the following questions:

1) Am I mistaken here?  Is there a way for custom page variables to be
included in the information FmtPageList plugs into the template?  (If
so, I could focus my attention on fooling MakePageList into thinking the
database record set is a group of pages, which would be really slick.)

2) Failing that, is my best bet to just copy the two functions into my
recipe, rename them, and rewrite them to work with the database record
set instead of page names?  Or is there another way to make use of the
existing functions?

Thanks in advance!!  --Ben