[pmwiki-users] Selecting a Wiki engine...

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Tue Oct 3 16:07:23 CDT 2006

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 21:47:31 +0200
"Oliver Betz" <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:

> > While I'm at it, scanning Dokuwiki main features, the only
> > real difference I see (of existing DokuWiki features) is
> > section editing:

I use both:

PMWiki:
* More flexible in some area: page variables, pagelist
* Very active mailing list with a lot of help. Thanks guys,
I would not be able to use PMWiki, without it.
* Better skinning.
* PM is extremely responsive.
* Poor documentation: this is more due to the search than the
website, but it's very hard to find what I need. [do a search on
attr to find out to set the page attributes: 365 pages,
including almost all receipes...]

Dokuwiki:
* Much easier to setup and use.
* Much better search. The search actually works and shows
the context, so you can quickly find what you are looking for.
* Stores the text files as straight ASCII. The files are
literally, notes01.txt or abc.txt that can be edited by any
ASCII editor [unix/M$].
* Nicer look out of the box.
* Simple ACL that works out-of-box.
* Not as flexible as PMwiki.

BTW: I would use PMwiki for both projects, if I could do a
scroll for a block.

%define=box block bgcolor=#FFFFCC border="2px dotted grey width:650px overflow:auto%"

It does not work neither in Opera, Firefox or IE 6

BTW: These are personal opinions. And I still want to send my
thanks to Patrick for Pmwiki, and to Andreas for Dokuwiki.

--
Thanks
http://www.sqlhacks.com