[pmwiki-users] allowing existing vbulletin users to edit a pmwiki powered wiki

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 15:35:25 CDT 2006

On 10/1/06, Rodney Blackwell <rodneyb at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like this user posted some code that works with vbulletin,
> but I'm not sure how to make it work with authuserDBase.
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/21703/match=vbulletin

Okay, the user table looks pretty easy to use.[1] The user table name
is based in part on a table name prefix, so the exact name of the
table is a little different for each site. Here are values you'll need
to set specific to vBulletin:

   1. $AUDBaseTable['table'] = "(table_prefix)user";
   2. $AUDBaseTable['userfield'] = 'username';
   3. $AUDBaseTable['pwfield'] = 'password';

Apart from that, the instructions in the Cookbook should suffice.[2]
vBulletin uses md5 encryption for passwords, which is the
AuthUserDbase default.

If you are wanting to restrict which user group of vBulletin can edit,
then we'll have to look at the contents of the usergroupid and
membergroupids field. If you are explicitly basing access on
usergroupid, then you may consider the following:

   4. $AUDBaseConditional = "AND usergroupid = '$id'";

Hmm, I noticed that's not documented on the Cookbook page.

--
Ben Wilson
[1]: Rodney sent me the database build script.