[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta9 release (bugfix, pagevar filters in pagelists)

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:47:50 CDT 2006

> Page text variables can also be used as filters, so the following
> would get a list of all pages where the $:State page text variable
> is "TX":
>
>    (:pagelist $:State=TX :)
>
> Multiple values can be separated by commas, thus to get all
> pages with "State: CA", "State: TX", or "State: AK" :
>
>    (:pagelist $:State=CA,TX,AK :)

Could I have a modest wish? I was playing with new features and tried
to utilize page text variables. It would be very helpful if pagelist
supported something like this:

(:pagelist $:State=#CA#TX order=$:State:)

I borrowed this syntax from (:include:) directive and it would have
basically similar meaning. It would start listing pages when $:State
matches 'CA' value and stop listing when $:State matches 'TX' value.
Some other modification as in (:include:) could work, too, e.g.

(:pagelist $:State=#CA# order=$:State:)
(:pagelist $:State=##TX order=$:State:)

Is something like this feasible?

Roman