[pmwiki-users] Selecting a Wiki engine...

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Oct 3 00:41:02 CDT 2006

"Ben Wilson" wrote:

[Availability - Pm and other developers]

> With any software project, there is always the risk "loss of key
> personnel." One advantage to OSS is that the owners could toss the
> code over the fence, and it is still available to the community. Thus,

exactly - _could_. That's why I asked. If there are not enough
developers with enough time, development will slow down extremly.
That's why I'm switching from PhpWiki. Not many people can invest
much time.

[...]

> You mention writing embedded software in C. I'll hazard a guess that
> the ability to pick up PHP is within your grasp. :-)

It's a bit different. Although I probably could do it, I have to
learn pretty much and I will start very slowly.

Besides this, I want to start a public knowledge base with the Wiki,
this will also take some time.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen