[pmwiki-users] Pagelist vs searchbox?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 3 00:04:07 CDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 11:32:07PM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> given [that]
>
> (:pagelist $:Work=*mice* group=Data-Simile fmt=#simile:)
> (:pagelist group=Simile $Title=*mice* fmt=#simile:)
>
> give me acceptable output, why doesn't the search give me a similar
> information format?
>
> Search the similes:
> (:searchbox group=Data-Simile fmt=#simile value="Search Similes":)
> (:searchresults:)
>
> I've tried with group=Data-Simile and group=Simile.  It's returning
> the same pages either way, which is great, but the output is not
> using the fmt...?

Odd.  It seems to work on pmwiki.org.

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/SearchBox2

> Misbehaving box located at:
> http://similepedia.com/index.php/Main/HomePage

Perhaps the skin or something else is defining a custom
(:searchbox:)?  The results of the (:searchbox:) form are not
at all what I would expect to see from the core PmWiki code.
In fact, the (:searchbox:) on the similepedia page seems to have
some custom javascript added, which I *know* isn't in the
core (:searchbox:) directive.