[pmwiki-users] Find out password for one page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 2 16:52:31 CDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 11:36:35PM +0200, Mike wrote:
> Not meant as pushing you, but do you think that could be available
> anytime soon? I'm asking as otherwise I'll work my way through
> understanding and installing AuthUser, which seems to do the trick for
> me as well (on first glance at least...)

I can't say for certain when it'll be available.  I've already
figured out how to implement it using $DefaultAttr, but since
I'm still trying to figure out how we want to deal with
"comment" and possibly "draft" permissions, it may turn out
that there will be another (better) approach that will be able
to handle all of these (whereas I don't yet see how to do it
using $DefaultAttr).

So, I'd rather not commit to this solution until after I've
figured out exactly how we're likely to deal with comment
permissions.  Otherwise I could be adding *two* additional
mechanisms for access control when only one was needed
(and we have several available already).