[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Magazine proposed Submission/Approval Process

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Oct 1 13:50:32 CDT 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 1:11 PM, Ben Wilson wrote:

> On 10/1/06, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
>> requests for online publication using PmWiki.
>> Why not just have an "@authors" group and set edit permissions on -
>> Drafts to
>> "@authors"
>>
>> I'm not understanding why you're talking about another
>> authentication level.
>
> -Drafts is a rather new thing for me, so I've not looked much at the
> practical use as yet. So, I did not know that you could set the edit
> permissions automatically on newly minted -Drafts pages. I thought
> they inherited the permissions of the Group. Last I checked,
> permissions at group did not indicate any special permission for
> -Drafts pages, and only handled read, edit, attr, and admin.

Considering that the -Drafts page is a page, though, if it were a
group or page it could have its own permissions:

Articles-Drafts/MyPage becomes Articles/MyPage when published.  In
the meantime the -Drafts version inherits the Articles-Drafts group
permissions.

> I gathered that 'comments' would have an intermediate permission
> between read and edit so as to allow the administrator/editor to
> determine who could make comments.

I thought either these are in a separate group and optionally
(:include:)'d in the current page -- if it's going straight from form
to being embedded in the current page then yes, they need some type
of permissions.

Crisses