[pmwiki-users] Video Player

Mark Trumpold mtrumpol at cacegypt.org
Sun Oct 1 07:26:51 CDT 2006

On 1/10/06 12:38 PM, "Crisses" <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Mark Trumpold wrote:
>

>> The BBC has video files that are linked. When you click on the link  from
>>

>> their web page it opens a new window with the real player or Windows media
>>

>> player. If I copy the same link onto my wiki and then you click ... it opens
>>

>> a page up with an error message ... No media player or the bbcs media player
>>

>> page
>>

> they may have protected their video player from external linking like you're
> trying to do.  For example, they may require an active session.
>
> To test this, go to the video through their site -- copy the link, and use a
> new browser window, see if it works.
>
> Open a different browser and try the same link.
>
> Browser A has an active session with the BBC site.
>
> Browser B does not.
>
> There are probably a dozen or more other ways they can do this.  Checking the
> referring page when they get a hit on the link is another way.
>
> In other words, it may not be PmWiki's fault.
>
> Crisses

Thanks

I am sure it is not pmwikis fault but how can I get around it.

Yes it is because of an active session

The content is good for my class. The videos are found on a search page but
that will change as time goes by and so it may not show on the page
therefore I don't want to include the search as external link.

Interesting though you can download the video

Is there a recipe for realplayer? Only found windows and QuickTime.
Can we get around the bbcs video set up?

Mark