[pmwiki-users] Permissions, edits and comments

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Oct 1 05:14:26 CDT 2006

On Sep 30, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Blocklisting and commenting will indeed be in the 2.2.0 release.
> As yet I don't have plans for an automatic registration system
> with email confirmation.

I created XesAuthUserDbase with the automatic registration system in
mind.

I think that FASTMembership does the same thing but uses
either .htaccess/.htpassword OR the built-in PmWiki user system.

Whether you want to use MySQL or not becomes the deciding factor.

I will be working in a system for blocking users.

As for not being able to block users:  if you have a problem user you
can TRY blocking their IP address -- no guarantees though.  Or you
disable their account in my package (by setting their Validated = 0
-- I will add this to an admin panel) and they won't be able to
create a new account with the same password.

Free passwords are a dime a dozen on the web, however, so anyone that
really wants to break back in will.  I will be setting it up so that
the admin has the option of being emailed when a new user registers.
And I'll add in the option that the admin must approve members by hand.

Crisses