[pmwiki-users] Embeding PMWikie in another page.

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Nov 30 11:23:51 CST 2006

On 11/30/06, Wendell Brown <wbrown at arkie.net> wrote:
> I have a web site that has a page for every month with script generated
> content.  I also have a wiki set up that has content for each month.  I
> currently have a link from the dynamic page to the wiki page.
>
> Is there any way to get JUST the editable content section of PmWiki (no
> search, left side menu, etc)?  If there is, I could embed this in an
> iFrame in the dynamic site.
>
> Is it possible to do this and still have the wiki (with search, etc)
> look "normal" when not embedded?
>
> I realize that I could embed the action=print but that doesn't allow for
> content editing in the frame.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I did this with ZAP chat.  I set up a simple skin with no
header/sidebar/etc., just page content and enabled it for one group
which I use to display the chat history.

Then, I created an I'frame in a normal wiki page and embedded it, to
create the actual page I want.  You could do the same embedding it in
a non-wiki page.  To make that content available elsewhere in your
wiki, do an (:include): directive wherever you want it.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Caveman