[pmwiki-users] Menus...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 07:22:48 CST 2006

Thursday, November 30, 2006, 1:03:47 PM, Nicholas wrote:

> I've been asked to customise the menu system to allow
> the use of buttons.   Is it possible to have a gif
> based SideBar?

should be no problem. especially if you use rollover images.
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiStylesPlus

%rollover% [[link1|Attach:Site/item1-rollover.gif"Item 1"]]
[[link1|Attach:Site/item1-plain.gif"Item 1"]]
%rollover% [[link2|Attach:Site/item2-rollover.gif"Item 2"]]
[[link2|Attach:Site/item2-plain.gif"Item 2"]]
etc.

You may need to experiment with exact positioning,
so they all line up nicely one below the other.
But if the image widths are the same as the sidebar width it should be
no problem. Make sure rollover and plain images have the same dimensions.
And use the alt tag, as done above with "Item 1". This will help for
a user with images switched off, the links will still show.

Hans